Image and video hosting by TinyPic       Image and video hosting by TinyPic       Image and video hosting by TinyPic

September 4, 2013

First Day of School Jitters...

*hopefully the quality of the pictures will improve once I invest in a better camera

When I was growing up the first day of school was always very exciting. You got to show off your summer tan along with the new clothes and school supplies your parents splurged on. It was always my favorite day! I couldn't wait to reunite with my friends and meet my new teacher.  But I've been a homeschooling mom for the past 4 years. My son Isaiah has never experienced school, and my daughter attended a 2 hr. pre-k five years ago. 

This year after homeschooling the children and seeing them thrive at home it was bittersweet deciding to put them in school. But the same way that we started homeschooling because we felt that the Lord was leading us to, and because it was very convenient  was the same reasons we decided to put them in school. 

As I type this my children are in school, my toddlers are entertaining themselves next to me, and I am constantly wondering what the children are up to now? How are they adjusting? are they as jittery as I am?

The house is so still and it's kinda nice! I have 4 children, and 2 of them are toddlers. So while I use to homeschool my older children I had 2 toddlers to tend to and teach as well, plus a house to clean, and 2 dogs. I was extremely overwhelmed, stressed, I got frustrated easily, and our enjoyable homeschool turned into a frazzled mom about to lose her sanity.

Last year in the midst of homeschooling, we got a puppy which needed to be housebroken, our toddler was potty training, we were selling our house which had to be open house perfect 24/7, and we were in the process of buying a new home.  Our family quickly grew from 2 children to 4 in the period of time that I was homeschooling. I don't think that I need to elaborate further on how stressed I was.

I was trying to juggle too many things at one time, I was not making God my primary focus, neither was I tending to my husband as I should have been. I was too preoccupied. Once we moved into this new neighborhood which boasts about its excellent school district, I was still hesitant about putting the children in school, even though I knew I was in no condition to home school them. I prayed a lot and it wasn't until the end of June/ July that I finally felt at peace to enroll them in school.

So although I am uncertain about what school will be like for my 2nd grader and 4th grader today.  I am hoping that their day is filled with the joy of learning. That their ears ring with the laughter of new teachers and future friends. That they take in that new environment, as a good change as one that the Lord specifically put in place in this moment in time, as He teaches their frazzled, overwhelmed mom to be still and know that He is God, to not be anxious about anything, to not worry about tomorrow.

I am praying that not only will my children thrive in school this year, but that I may be a disciple of Jesus that learns new things everyday from Him, That in these still semi- quiet moments at home I get to enjoy Him, and my toddlers, and just being a mom, and put away the grade book and just rest a little.

Blessings

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. I Like the design...is simple..clean ..fresh and sophisticated. I believe this new outlet will blessed many. Keep your ear open and you heart willing. May His peace remain.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Like the design...is simple..clean ..fresh and sophisticated. I believe this new outlet will blessed many. Keep your ear open and you heart willing. May His peace remain.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thanks for stopping by Michelle Unleashed. I hope that by visiting this little spot in cyberspace, you'll have found yourself refreshed in the Lord and unleashed.

I'd love to know what you though about your visit and this post.