Image and video hosting by TinyPic       Image and video hosting by TinyPic       Image and video hosting by TinyPic

December 11, 2013

The Lord is my strength!

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety." 
- Psalm 18:2 NLT


I've been experiencing so many changes and going through a path I never thought I had to revisit. There are many truths that have come to light, and many fears that have surfaced in a matter of months. But this one thing I know is true and that is that the Lord strengthens me daily. 

I can say that without a doubt because many times I've cried myself to sleep, only to wake up with a peace that truly does surpass all understanding. I've learned, and grown, and failed, and complained and through it all God has stood by my side and lead me to another day and another triumph. To God be all the glory!

Last week I attended a Christmas Gala, which is just a fancy way of saying a dinner/ worship/ prayer meeting. Every first  tuesday of the month the women's ministry gets together and fellowships. I hadn't gone in a few months because it conflicts with my husband's prayer meetings and I didn't want to disrupt his time. But he was a little tired and when he offered for me to go to my meeting I didn't hesitate. I got dressed so fast and was out the door in less than 10 minutes. I didn't leave time for him to change his mind.

As I drove over to the church I contemplated going back home. So many thoughts ran through my mind, the kids have school tomorrow, the kids have to be in bed by 8 so they can rest for tomorrow, I wonder why my husband..... you get the point, I was distracted. 

As I walked in I felt the spirit of the Lord just put a peace over my heart. I looked around for a place to sit and decided to sit in the table up in front, which is unlike me. The table was almost completely empty. All of a sudden it filled up with people and I happen to be sitting next to a lovely lady. She was smiling and talking and just very pleasant.

The program began, and we had to dress one of the people in the table as an angel ( ice breaker). So I was chosen since I was the youngest in the table. As the ladies were dressing me, the lady next to me makes a heart out of one of the props and tells me it's for her granddaughter that just past away. My heart grew sad as I could feel her pain in such a tangible way that my heart broke. 

Throughout the night the nice lady began to open up to me, I just sat there listening to her life's story. At one point she said "I'm not sure why I'm sharing all of this with you", which I kindly responded that "I felt from the Lord that it was important for me to hear it," she spoke and I listen and soaked up her story, and all I could say was, "you are so strong, the Lord has strengthened you in a great way." She looked at me and said that she doesn't know why she has had such a hard life, why she had to raise her kids (8 of them) by herself once her husband died, why her children are sick, why her granddaughter died she was only 25. This woman's heart has been battered, and bruised, she's been wounded, but not defeated.

She sat there and not a tear feel from her eyes but she wasn't hardened, she was steadfast. It just blew my mind, and strengthened me in a way I wasn't expecting. I realized that our lives are a testimony not of our strength, not what we can handle, or what we can accomplish, but the work that God can do in us, despite of all the trials and hurts we experience. 

Listening to her story made me thankful of my life, the people in it, the love in it, and most importantly the awesome God that reigns over it. Listening to her story gave me hope. Hope that although things don't turn out how you expect them, God sees us through every situation. Hope that increased my faith, hope that His will, will manifest in my life.

Before I left the Gala I gave my new friend a big hug. I gave her a hug to let her know she wasn't alone, a hug because I needed one, a hug because God comforts us, and sometimes we just need something tangible. 

His strength beloved, is so real, it's so necessary, and He gives it freely. He is standing like a mighty lion watching over us, protecting us and guiding us. May He bless you all and keep you.


Blessings 





Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and thanks for stopping by Michelle Unleashed. I hope that by visiting this little spot in cyberspace, you'll have found yourself refreshed in the Lord and unleashed.

I'd love to know what you though about your visit and this post.